Onboard Reporter & Multimedia Reporter
To provide the Volvo Ocean Race and their professional teams with video and photographic materials from an offshore racing boat via Inmarsat Satellites.
How it came about:
I sailed around the World on the Clipper Race, and one thing lead to another…
- Create photography for the teams and the series
- Create footage for the live online show, broadcasted daily
- Create footage for the teams and series’ documentaries and video material
- Transfer materials off the boat using the Inmarsat satellites
- Correctly format and compress the materials for transfer
- Compile interviews, BROLL and short edits for transfer
- Set-up live video and audio for broadcast to news rooms and pre-recorded packages.
- In port, shoot/produce/direct/edit video content for the live broadcast and for social media.
Where it was used:
- 10 x 23 minute documentaries broadcasted on Sky Sports in the UK, and Red Bull TV online.
- Volvo Ocean Race social media channels
- Team Brunel, Dongfeng Race Team, Turn the Tide on Plastic, and SHK Scallywag social media channels and website.
- International news publications and broadcasts
- BROLL on Sky One’s ‘A League of their own’
- Emirates entertainment systems
- Omega social media channels
- Musto social media channels